The idea of this recipe is from my sweet hubby !!!.
In his childhood days they used to do make this dish in traditional way, with mushrooms (കുമിൾ) that mushroom overnight in rainy season. The ingredients, wrapped in banana leaf used to be cooked in the normal wooded fire (കനൽ ) . Here I present a modern style preparation of the same recipe: instead of wrapping in banana leaf- use aluminum foil & in place of wooden fire use barbecue oven. The taste is still great, though won’t be comparable to its traditional style. ……The preparation is relatively simple and the great thing about it is, its really healthy !
- Mushroom- Fine chopped : 250 gm
- Onion- Fine chopped : ½
- Grated coconut : ½ cup
- Green chilli –chopped : 5
- Oil : 1 T sp
- Salt as required
- Mix all ingredients together and keep it for an hour for marinating.
- Wrap the ingredients in an aluminum foil paper .
- Preheat the barbecue top to ~ 300 F
- Barbecue for 12 minutes.