Here is a great way to feed kids (also elders!) a nutritious balanced diet drink. Aval-milk is a milk based drink recipe with well ripped plantains (banana fruit) smashed and added with aval (അവൽ/ rice flakes), jaggery and some garnishings. The aval milk is a wonderful delight to be served chilled on a hot summer day.
For 1 Serving
- Aval (rice flakes/ flattened rice) : ¼ Cup
- Milk (chilled) : 1 Cup
- Ripped Banana( medium) : 1
- Nuts (any kind)
- Vanilla essence : ½ T-sp
- Jaggery : 2 T-sp
- Tutti fruitti /dry fruits (for garnishing)
- Smash the banana well.
- Dry roast the aval until it become crispy.
- Chop nuts .
- Add jiggery and vanilla essence into the milk and mix it with a spoon.
- In a serving glass, add the smashed banana and then pour the milk followed with aval and nuts.
- Garnish it with tutty fruity or any kind of dried fruits.
Instead of jaggery, may use sugar.
Mix with a spoon while drinking