Falooda (Faloodah), is a delicious, chilled dessert is perfect for the summer hence is popular in the Indian subcontinent. Traditionally it is made from mixing rose syrup, vermicelli, sweet basil (sabza/takmaria) seeds, and pieces of multi-colored jelly often topped off with a scoop of ice cream.
- Falooda sev : 1 packet
- Sugar for taste (for falooda sev)
- Jelly : 3 colors (Adjust)
- Sabja seeds : 4 T- Sp
- Rose syrup : 2 T-Sp(Adjust)
- Milk : 2 Cup
- Mixed nuts : ½ cup
- Mixed fruits : 1 cup
- Strawberry syrup
- Cook the falooda sev. (follow the instructions mentioned in the packet)
- After the falooda is ready, add sugar (to your taste) and drain the water and keep it in a colander.
- Make the jelly, follow the instructions mentioned in the packet. 4-5 hours will take to set the jelly, so plan it accordingly. Once set, cut it into small pieces.
- Soak the sabja seeds 20-30 minutes, add enough water to cover the seeds, it will increase the size.
- Cut the fruits into small pieces (I used apple and strawberry). You can use any kind of fruits.
- Cut the nuts into small pieces (I used cashews and almonds). You can use any kind of nuts.
- Mix milk with rose syrup and enough sugar.
- Keep everything in the fridge, all ingredients we are using for falooda should be chilled.
- In a tall glass, layer the prepared ingredients (Layering the falooda is personal taste) add the strawberry syrup, then rose milk, sabja seeds, falooda, jelly, fruits, nuts, again rose milk, fruits.
- Finally add the ice-cream along with some nuts for decoration and finally garnished with strawberry syrup.
- Jelly colors you can pick to your choice, I used green, orange and red.
- Instead of falooda sev may use semia .
- I used vanilla ice-cream, you can use flavor of your choice. While making the layer can make an ice-cream layer too.
- Make sure everything is chilled, for the real falooda experience!
- Strawberry syrup is optional, you can use rose syrup instead for garnishing and the bottom layer.
- The ingredients in this recipe is good for 4 glasses (2.5 cup each)