Making a healthy recipe without relaxing on the taste is always challenging. Regular cake recipes always use all-purpose- flour as its main ingredient, which is known to be a trouble maker. In this recipe, I used whole-wheat instead, along with one of the best known healthy nut variety, walnut as enrichment, making it a perfect delight for kids and elders. I categorized this cake recipe in to healthy though we have added sugar, which you may vary to your preference.Ingredients
1. Atta /wheat flour : 1 cup+ 1 Tsp
2. Coco powder : ¼ cup
3. Baking soda : ½ T sp.
4. Milk : ½ cup+ 1 Tbl sp.
5. Chopped walnut : ¼ cup
6. Sugar : ½ cup
7. Vegetable oil : ¼ cup
8. Egg : 1
- Grease a loaf pan with oil and keep wax/ parchment paper.
- Preheat the oven 400 deg F .
- In a big bowl add the oil , sugar and egg and beat it with the help of an electric beater for about 3-4 minutes.
- Then add the milk and beat for another one minute.
- In an another bowl, add the 1 cup wheat flour, coco powder and baking soda and mix together for getting evenly. Add the flour mixture, little-by-little and while beating. Make sure not to have lumps in the batter.
- In a small bowl add the chopped walnuts and add 1 T-sp of wheat flour and mix it (if you add the nuts directly it will settle down in the batter) .
- Add the walnuts into the cake batter and fold it into the cake batter with a spatula. (don’t mix it vigorously)
- Pour the batter into the greased pan and add chopped walnuts on top and bake it.
- After 18-20 minutes check the cake by inserting a toothpick in the center of the cake , if it’s come clean means the cake is baked properly. Typically it should take about 20-25 minutes. If it is sticking the batter into the toothpick means it will take more time
- If you are not using electric beater, use any type of normal beater or wooden spoon, beat it till the ingredients mix properly.
- Baking time may vary