Typical bakery snacks & cakes are prepared with polished wheat (all-purpose flour) hence is not very healthy. Whole wheat alternatives of many such dishes will not taste as great as its original version. This time I share a tasty and healthy cake preparation, using whole wheat blended with grated carrot. I guarantee you will like it regardless of your age …
- Whole wheat flour : 2 Cup
- Baking soda : 1 T- Sp
- Baking powder : 1.5 T- sp
- Cinnamon powder : 1 T- Sp
- Sugar : 1 Cup
- Egg : 4
- Oil : 1 Cup
- Vanilla extract : 1 ½ T- Sp
- Finely chopped carrot : 3 Cup
- Preheat the oven for 350 deg. F. Arrange the oven rack into middle.
- Grease the baking tray and place the butter paper.
- In a bowl add wheat flour along with baking soda, baking powder and cinnamon powder; mix well keep it aside.
- In a bowl add sugar, oil and egg; beat until frothy (I used my electric beater, you can use wooden spoon also for beating, but will take more time).
- Then add vanilla essence and mix it.
- Now slowly add the flour mixture and fold it gently with a spatula
- Then add the carrot and fold it gently until the ingredients are even.
- Pour the cake mixture into the greased tray. Make sure to fill tray only to half, it will increase the volume.
- Bake for about 30-40 minutes OR until a tooth pick inserted into the centre of the cakes comes out clean (may check after 30 min).
- Take the cake out and wait for 5 -10 minutes, then slowly flip the cake into the wire rack and allow it to cool.
- Then slowly remove the butter paper, and cut the cake into desired shapes.
- Add more sugar if you need, recipe here is for medium sweet.
- Instead of chopping the carrot into fine pieces, can grate the carrot and use it.
- I used one glass tray and one silicone tray for baking the cake.