Vegetable cutlets are a delicious option for vegetarians as snacks or appetizer.Typically served with ketchup and for some occasions in Indian style with mint chutney. It can be also served as patties to go with bread pair as burgers, adding a cheese layer to make a balanced meal!
- Chopped onions : 1 cup
- Chopped carrots :1 cup
- Chopped beetroots : ½ cup
- Frozen green peas : ½ cup
- Cooked potatoes : 5 medium- sized
- Chopped green chillies : 3
- Chopped curry leaves
- Pepper powder : 1 ½ teaspoon (adjust)
- Ginger garlic paste : 1 teaspoon
- Garam masala : ½ teaspoon
- Breadcrumbs : ½ cup
- Oil for frying
- Salt for taste
- Maida/All porpose Flour : ¾ cup
- Breadcrumbs : 2 cups
- Corn flour : 1 teaspoon
- Water : ~ ¾ cup
- Heat the oil in a pan and add onions along with ginger garlic paste and green chilly; sauté it for a minute.
- Then add the beans and peas, stir it well and close the lid; cook it until half done.
- Add the pepper powder, turmeric powder and salt, fry it about 1 minute
- Add the chopped carrots and beetroots. Sauté everything together and close the lid and cook it well.
- Finally, add the garam masala and curry leaves, mix it well and take it out of the stove. Let it cool completely.
- Smash the boiled potatoes (smash it completely OR may leave some small chunky pieces. It depends on personal choice).
- Mix the smashed potatoes, ½ cup of bread crumbs and the cooked vegetables together and knead it and make a dough.
- Take big lemon sized balls and make desired shapes of cutlet, without any cracks.
- To make the dip – In a bowl mix maida with corn flour and, dilute it adding water, a little at a time to medium thick consistency.( I used about ¾ cup of water for making the dip. Water quantity may vary depends on the quality of flour).
- Keep bread crumbs in a wide plate.
- Dip each cutlet into the maida dip and cover it with the bread crumbs. (Use one hand for dipping and one hand for covering the bread crumbs).
- Heat oil in a deep bottom pan. Once it is hot, reduce the flame to medium and fry each cutlet into dark brown color.
- Adjust the quantity of vegetables for your taste.
- While smashing the boiled potatoes, do not keep any big piece as that won’t give the cutlet nice shapes and it will break it in the oil.
- Adjust the salt, pepper and garam masala levels to your taste; add it mix it before shaping the cutlet.