Here a Srikrishna Jayanthi special from my kitchen. This time a quick sweet snack prepared with rava (sooji), shredded coconut, sugar and ghee as its major ingredients. The preparation is pretty simple and the Laddu can be keep refrigerated if you want to use it for couple more days.
- Rava : 3 cups
- Shredded coconut : 3 cups
- Sugar : 2 cups
- Raisins & almonds : 3/4 cup
- Milk : About 1/2 cup
- Ghee : 2 Tbl sp.
- Keep a kadai/pan on the stove and add the ghee.
- When it is hot add the almonds and fry till it golden brown , then
- add the raisins and once its fried take the fried ingredients out and keep in a bowl.
- Add the rava into the same pan and fry until color became golden color; once it roasted well, it will give a nice aroma.
- Add the coconut and stir the mix for another minute.
- Turn the stove off and let the mix cool completely .
- In a big vessel add the sugar, fried nuts, raisins and the rava mixture.
- Mix everything together .
- Make a partition with a small quantity of the mix and add a little milk at a time .
- Mix it and make a ball according to the required laddu size.
- Quantity of ingredients may be varied to individual taste.
- Don’t overcook the rava, for me it took about 15 minutes for roasting the rava in a medium flame.
- Don’t pour the entire milk at a time , pour a little milk and try to make the balls ( if u cannot make the ball pour little more).
- Use fine rava, you can get it from any Indian store . Otherwise powder the regular rava.
- Use any nuts according to your choice.