Here is an easy way to prepare Palpayasam (പാൽപായസം), a Kerala desert dish. Palpayasam is typically served with Sadya (Traditional Kerala Feast) along with Boli towards the end of the Sadya course. The taste & combination here is similar to that of the Ambalappuzha temple Palpayasam preparation, which is very famous in the State!
- Broken samba rice : ½ cu
- Milk : 8 Cup
- Sugar : 1.5 Cup (Adjust)
- Ghee : 1 Tbl- Sp
- Wash the rice until water clear.
- In a pressure cooker add all the ingredients listed above and let it boil.
- Stir it in between to avoid sticking in the bottom of the cooker.
- Once it is started boiling reduce the flame into low and close the pressure cooker (without whistle and cook it for 45- 50 minutes.
- Switch off the stove and keep the pressure cooker for another 45 minutes.
- Then open the cooker and mix the payasam