Oratti (ഒറട്ടി)is a South Indian flat bread, typically Kerala, made of rice or wheat flour. The preparation is pretty similar to that of Pathiri (അരി പത്തിരി) a delicious Muslim bread, less grated coconut. In this recipe I used wheat flour to make Oratti.
- Wheat flour : 2 Cups
- Grated Coconut : 1.5 Cup
- Hot water : 1 Cup
- Jeera powder : A pinch
- Salt for taste
- Oil for sprinkling
- In a bowl, add the wheat flour along with jeera powder, salt and coconut. Mix all together adding hot water little at a time and make a sticky dough .
- Divide into 7 equal parts
- Keep some water in a bowl and keep it aside.
- Heat a pan/ dosa-pan, apply some oil on the pan and keep one portion of dough in the center of the pan. Dip the fingers into the water and spread the dough into a thick bread (oratti).
- Spread some oil into the sides of the oratti and flip it .
- Cook it until both sides are slightly turned brown.
– Water quantity may vary. The dough should soft and sticky.
– Can adjust coconut , 1.5 cup of coconut ideal .
– Serve it hot.