Another authentic non-vegetarian snack dish from the Christian cuisine. Cutlets in general are a perfect for one dish meals and is reasonably easy to prepare. You may dress them up with any variety of sauces or sides, layer into a sandwich or chop them up for salad. This preparation uses minced tuna fillets along with bread crumbs, smashed potatos and spices.
For About 20 Cutlets
- Fish(Tuna fillet) : 500 Gms
- Turmeric powder : ¼ T sp.
- Salt for taste
- Chopped onion : 1.5 Cup
- Garlic paste : 1 Tbl-sp.
Ginger paste :1.5 T-sp
- Chopped green chilli :7 (adjust)
- Curry leaves : 2 sprigs
- Pepper powder : 2Tbl-sp
- Turmeric powder : ¼ T-sp
- Salt for taste
- Boiled potato : 2 Big
- Oil : 1 Tbl-sp (adjust)
- Garam masala : ½ T- sp
For dipping :-
- Egg : 2
- Corn flour : 1 T-sp.
- Bread crumbs : 1 Cup
- Cook the fish with turmeric and enough salt.
- Finely chop the onion, curry leaves and green chilli.
- Cook the potato and smash it well.
- Mince the fish with your hands. (squeeze the fish before mincing to drain extra water )
- In a kadai/pan, add the oil and add then the onion , garlic, ginger and chilli.
- Saute the onions, add a little salt and saute until the onions become translucent.
- Add the pepper and turmeric powder and fry it for another 1 minute.
- Add the curry leaves.
- Add the minced fish followed by garam masala and mix it well; saute it and stir it until till completely dry (make sure no water content , otherwise, it’s hard to shape the cutlets)
- Check the salt level and add the smashed potato and mix well.
- Take the cutlet mix out and allow it to cool completely.
Shaping the cutlet
- In a bowl add the egg along with corn flour and mix all well .
- Take a big lemon size cutlet mixture and make the desired shape.
- Dip the cutlet into the egg mixture and cover the cutlet into the bread crumbs.
- In a kadai/ pan add enough oil to fry the cutlet.
- Once its hot, reduce the flame to medium.
- Fry the cutlet into dark brown color.
May adjust the quantity of potato and onion.
Make sure no water in the fish while mincing.
Make sure to fully cover the cutlet with the bread crumbs before frying.
Instead of full egg can use egg white.
Breadcrumbs quantity I mentioned is approximate.