A balanced single dish diet meal for non-vegetarians!….Broccoli known to be a member of the cabbage family and a close relative of cauliflower, packs more nutrients than any other vegetable. Broccoli contains large amounts of vitamin C and beta carotene which are important antioxidants.
I used to make this dish for my family when we prefer to have an easy-to-prepare, easy-to-digest same time tasty and nutritious dinner. Still it can be served as a starter or as a side dish to boiled rice. The rich presence of Broccoli makes this meal fiber rich and hence easy to digest.
- Chicken Boneless & skinless : ½ kg
- Broccoli florets : ½ kg
- Corn flour : 5 Tbl sp.
- Soya sauce : 2 Tbl sp.
- Turmeric powder : ½ Tsp
- Pepper powder : 4 Tsp
- Oil : 2 Tsp
- Onion (chopped) : 1
- Crushed garlic : 2 Tbl sp
- Salt as needed
- Water : ~ 6 cups
- Chilli powder.(optional) : 1 Tsp
- Marinate the chicken (chopped to small pieces) with turmeric powder , salt and chilli powder. (may use 1 Tsp pepper powder, instead of chilli powder) . Keep for minimum one hour for better absorption of ingredients.
- Keep a kadai/ pan on the stove , pour the oil and add the onions along with garlic.
- Add salt and sauté it until the color changes to pink .
- Add the marinade chicken, mix everything and close the lid. ( Keep mixing in regular interval to avoid sticking of the mix to the pan).
- Add the pepper powder and mix well again.
- Once the chicken almost cooked add the broccoli .
- Mix the corn flour with soya sauce and dilute with water.
- Pour the water to the chicken mix and allow cooking until broccoli becomes tender (NOT smushy).
- Oil and spice quantity may be varied for individual taste.
- Thickness of the soup also may be adjusted by adding more/less water.