Every spoonful is flavorful! A delicious appetizer recipe- quick twist on classic chicken soup, loaded with fresh vegetables, Italian pasta and blended with the flavor of Basil leaves. I used to have this served as an one dish meal for dinner to my family occasionally.
- Chicken : 2 leg quarter &2 wings
- Carrot : 1 (medium)
- Mushrooms : 5
- Broccoli : 5 florets
- Onion : 1 (medium)
- Chopped ginger : 1 Tbl – Sp
- Chopped garlic : 1 ½ Tbl – Sp
- Thymes : 1 T- Sp
- Fresh basil leaves : 7 leaves
- Butter : 1 Tbl – Sp (Adjust)
- All purpose flour/maida : 1 Tbl- Sp
- Oil : 1.5 T- Sp( Adjust)
- Water : 12 Cups
- Salt & pepper for taste.
- Pasta : 1 Cup
- Cook the pasta, follow the directions from the packet and keep it aside.
- In a big pot/ soup pot heat oil and sauté onion along with some salt, ginger and garlic; till the onion became translucent.
- Add the chopped carrots, mushrooms, broccoli and chicken along with water, close the lid and let it boil.
- Open the lid and add the thyme, salt, pepper and basil leaves. Cook it until the chicken is soft and tender.
- Take the chicken from the soup, debone and make the chicken into desired pieces.
- Add the cooked pasta and chicken pieces into the soup, let it boil.
- Meantime in a separate pan, melt the butter and add the maida, fry it for about a minute /until raw smell goes from the flour.
- Add the same into the soup and give a nice stir and boil well.
- Finally add some pepper powder and take it out.
- May add more veggies to your taste.
- Can use your choice of chicken parts.
- It took about 40 minutes to cook the chicken into tender.