Mezhukkupuratti is a delicious oily stir fry recipe from Kerala, typically prepared with vegetables such as Ladies Finger, Long Beans or Raw Banana. In this recipe I gave a non-vegetation touch to the Mezhukkupuratti preparation using chicken instead of vegetable, along with the traditional ingredients- spices, sliced onions and green chilies.
- Boneless skinless chicken : 2 Lbs
- Turmeric powder : ¼ T- sp
- Chilly powder : 2 Tbl – Sp (Adjust)
- Sliced onions : 2 (Medium)
- Sliced green chilly : 5 (Adjust)
- Oil : 2 Tbl- Sp (Adjust)
- Salt for taste
- Curry leaves
- Cut the chicken into stripes.
- Heat 1Tbl- Sp of oil in a pan and add the chicken pieces along with turmeric powder, chilli powder and salt.
- Stir it like any other mezhukkupuratty, no need for closing it with lid.
- Don’t add any water, the chicken itself oozes some water.
- Dry it until there is any excess water, then add the sliced onion and green chilly.
- Check the salt and add if needed.
- Add the rest of the ( 1 Tbl –Sp) oil and stir it until onions became translucent.
- Finally, add the curry leaves and mix everything well.
- Use coconut oil for getting the mezhukkupuratty the authentic taste.
- Normally mezhukkupuratty needs more oil, here I used minimum quantity.So feel free to add more oil for extra taste.