Challass (ചള്ളാസ്) is a typical side dish served for Cutlets in Kerala Cuisines. It is called with different names Challas /Sallas/Sarlas based on location and people. This is delicious and very easy to make side dish is also a perfect combination with Biriyani and also sometimes served as an alternative to pickle for boiled rice.
- Thinly sliced onion : 2 (Big)
- Sliced green chilli : 3 (Adjust)
- White vinegar : 3 T- Sp (Adjust)
- Salt for taste
- Water : 2 T-Sp
- In a bowl, add the sliced onion along with ¼ T- Sp of salt and water.
- Squeeze the onions nicely and keep it for about 20 minutes.
- The squeeze the onions and drain the water from the onion
- Rinse it well with normal water and squeeze the water completely.
- In a bowl, add the onions along with vinegar, sliced chilly and salt and mix it well.