A home and hence healthy approach to make delicious Caramel Ice-cream. A worth try for cooking lovers to feed their kids for summer. The dark caramel gives the necessary bitter edge to balance the sweet richness of the ice-cream.
- Whipping cream : 3 cups
- Sugar : 2.5 cup (adjust)
- Vanila essence : 1 T sp
- Sugar : ¼ cup
- Hot water : ¼ cup
- Butter : 2 T-sp
- In a sauce pan add the sugar and 2 Tbl-sp of hot water and let it boil, once the color changed into dark, switch off the flame and add the hot water a little at a time and add the butter and mix it . (don’t pour the water together as it may splash)
- Wait for it to cool completely .
- In a bowl, add the cream along with sugar and vanilla essence; whip it with a hand mixer until frothy.
- Then add the caramel and give a nice stir/ whip it in a very slow speed.
- In a freezer safe dish, pour the mix and close it with a plastic wrap – keep it in the freezer for about 3 hours.
- Take it out and whip it again and keepback in the freezer, repeat the same after another 3 hours.
- Then keep it in the freezer for about 6 hours or until set.
- While serving pour some caramel syrup on top of the ice-cream.